Pizza is a yeasted flat bread topped with tomato sauce and cheese and baked in an oven.
Have a look on sizzling fresh and delicious pizza recipe-
For making pizza dough
Maida – 500 gms, salt – 1 tsp, sugar – 1 tsp, yeast – 10 gms, olive oil – 2 tbsps, water – 250 ml.
For making pizza toppings
Finely chopped tomatoes – 750 gms, olive oil – 2 tbsps, finely chopped onions – 2, finely chopped Garlic – 6 cloves, basil leaves – few, oregano – 1/2 tsp, salt to taste, sugar – 1 Tsp, pepper powder to taste, red capsicums – 1/2 cup, yellow capsicums – 1/2 cup, sliced onions – 1/2 cup, grated cheese – 2 cups.
How to make pizza?
- Sieve the flour with salt and make a space in the center. Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water along with sugar and pour into the space provided. Mix properly.
- Make a dough and rest the dough for an hour at room temperature. After 1 hour, add olive oil into the dough. Knead lightly and make four equal proportions.
- Cover with a damp cloth and keep aside at room temperature.
- To make the sauce heat olive oil in a pan. Add chopped garlic and onions and saute it.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for few minutes. Add salt, pepper powder, basil leaves, oregano, and sugar. Stir properly.
- Roll out the dough balls to 1cm thickness.
- Place the rolled out pizza on a baking tray, and spread the sauce over it. Then, spread a thin layer of cheese.
- Spread prepared pizza sauce on rolled pizza base, top it with sliced onion, red capsicum, tomato and yellow capsicum, grated cheese, and olive oil to evenly cover the pizza top.
- Place it on greased oven tray and bake in the preheated oven at 220°C for twenty minutes or until the pizza base is crisp and the cheese melts. Remove from oven.
- Serve with dried oregano, tomato sauce, and in proper wedges.